Wide Bay Spring Carnival
The Wide Bay Spring Carnival is the premier annual carnival in the Wide
The Carnival is currently sponsored by Wide Bay Water.
The Carnival offers a total of nine games of golf over 14 days played on five Wide Bay courses in late August early September each year. All nine games are played as individual events.
The Carnival Championship
To participate in the Carnival Champonship and to be eligible for Championship prizes a player must complete a minimum of six rounds of golf at four different courses. Of these it is a requirement of our sponsor that at least one game be played at Hervey Bay and one at Maryborough. The Championship may only be entered by using the Spring Carnival Entry Form attached below.
Non Championship Play
Alternatively players may nominate for individual events in which case they will pay only the entry fee for that event and not the Spring Carnival Championship fee. They will not be eligible for Championship prizes but will be eligible for prizes given for that day's event. Players may enter individual events either by using the Spring Carnival Entry Form or by entering directly using the individual club Entry Forms which will be found on each club web site.
Players in the Spring Carnival will take precedence in the Draw for all events.
The 2018 Carnival
The 2018 Carnival will be held as follows:
- Thursday 30 August - Welcome BBQ at Coral Cove Golf club
- Friday 31 August - Coral Cove
- Sunday 2 September - Bundaberg
- Monday 3 September - Bundaberg
- Wednesday 5 September - Bargara
- Thursday 6 September - Bargara
- Sunday 9 September - Hervey Bay
- Monday 10 September - Hervey Bay
- Wednesday 12 September - Maryborough
- Thursday 13 September - Maryborough
- Thursday 13 September - Carnival Dinner and Prize Giving - Maryborough
Entry Form and Conditions of Play
The Entry Form and Conditions of Play are attached below. (not yet available)
Please read the Conditions of Play before lodging your entry.
Entries for the Spring Carnival close on Friday 17 August 2018
The Carnival Convenor for 2018 is: Teeny Patterson; mobile 0410 434 247
The Draw for each game will be published on the relevant club web sites and also on this web site not less than one week before the relevant game. The club web sites are detailed below.
The progressive results for players in the Carnival Championship will be be posted under "Results" on this web site.
The results of each day's competition will be posted on the relevant club web site; and may be found at:
- Coral Cove: www.coralcovegolfclub.com.au
- Bundaberg: www.bundaberggolfclub.com.au
- Bargara: www.bargaragolfclub.com.au
- Hervey Bay: www.hbgcc.com.au
- Maryborough: www.maryboroughgolfclub.com
A list of caravan parks closer to each club is attached under "Caravan Parks" on this web site.
To download the Spring Carnival Entry Form click on the link below.( Not yet available)
Conditions of Play
To download the Spring Carnival Conditions of Play click on the link below. (Not yet available)